1-2 packs of Turkey Bratwurst
1 Yellow onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 can of diced tomatoes, pre-seasoned with garlic, basil, and rosemary
1 can of white kidney beans
1 bunch of kale
32 ounces of chicken broth
3 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place bratwurst on baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes (if you only use one pack, cook for 15-20 minutes) or until no longer pink. Let brats cool for 10 minutes, then chop with the casing on.
2.Chop onion, mince garlic and set aside
3. Tear kale into pieces so that stems are removed, and set aside (you may or may not use the whole bundle depending on your personal preference and the size of the bundle.
4. Heat soup pot with oil to medium heat, add onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
5. Add tomatoes and white kidney beans (at this time I also add about ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper just because I like mine a little spicy).
7. Add sections of meat. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Per Serving: Calories 325, 20g protein, 39g carbs, 12g fat, 12g sugar